stamfordedu

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collect your information needed and share your own.

Case Study: The Food Court (Chi-Hung)

tarek_admin
    tarek_admin
    Admin

Case Study: The Food Court (Chi-Hung) Empty Case Study: The Food Court (Chi-Hung)

Post  tarek_admin Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:34 pm

1. Describe your buying decision-making process the last time you ate at a mall food court.

Answer: Last time I ate food in KFC. When selecting food court I have to go through Six Stages of the Consumer Buying Decision Process. Actual purchasing is only one stage of the process. Not all decision processes lead to a purchase. Lets dicuss about those stage.
    • Problem Recognition(awareness of need)--difference between the desired state and the actual condition. Deficit in assortment of products. Hunger--Food. Hunger stimulates my need to eat.

Information search--
    o Internal search, past experiane from KFC.
    o External search from my Friends and relatives.
    A successful information search leaves me with possible alternatives, the evoked set.
    Hungry, and I want to go out and eat, evoked set is
    o chinese food
    o Deshi food
    o KFC
    o BFC

• Evaluation of Alternatives--need to establish criteria for evaluation, what i want or do not want. Rank/weight alternatives or resume search. May decide that i want to eat chicken fry, KFC gets highest rank etc.

• Purchase decision—Here I Choose buying alternative, includes product, package, store, method of purchase etc

• Purchase—here I ate or purchase the food from KFC.

• Post-Purchase Evaluation—outcome of my Satisfaction or Dissatisfaction after eating food. Cognitive Dissonance, have i made the right decision. This can be reduced by delivering speed, workers behaviour etc.

2. What decesion criteria influence a family making a food court purchase?

Answer: A family, making a purchase decision will be affected by the following three factors:
     Personal
     Psychological
     Social
    The marketer must be aware of these factors in order to develop an appropriate MM for its target market.

Personal
    Unique to a particular person. Demographic Factors. Sex, Race, Age etc. Who in the family is responsible for the decision making. Young people purchase things for different reasons than older people.

Psychological factors
    Psychological factors include:
    • Motives--
    A motive is an internal energizing force that orients a family's activities toward satisfying a need or achieving a goal.
    Actions are effected by a set of motives, not just one. MASLOW hierarchy of needs!!
    o Physiological
    o Safety
    o Love and Belonging
    o Esteem
    o Self Actualization
    Need to determine what level of the hierarchy the consumers are at to determine what motivates their purchases.

• Ability and Knowledge--
    Need to understand individuals capacity to learn of a family. Learning change consumers' behavior about a product, need to give them new information re: product...free sample etc.

• Personality--

all the internal traits and behaviors that make a person unique, uniqueness arrives from a person's heredity and personal experience. Examples include:
    o Workaholism
    o Compulsiveness
    o Self confidence
    o Friendliness
    o Adaptability
    o Ambitiousness
    o Dogmatism
    o Authoritarianism
    o Introversion
    o Extroversion
    o Aggressiveness
    o Competitiveness.
    Traits effect the way people behave as well as a family behave toward a mall food court.

• Lifestyles--
    Lifestyles are the consistent patterns people follow in their lives. Like- personal independence and individualism and a preference for a healthy, natural lifestyle.

Social Factors
    Family’s wants, learning, motives etc. are influenced by opinion leaders, reference groups, social class and culture.
    • Opinion leaders--
    Marketers try to attract opinion leaders...they actually use (pay) spokespeople to market their products.
    • Social Class--
    families who have similar social rank have same buying behaviour. Like- same occupation, education, income, wealth, race, ethnic groups and possessions.
    • Culture and Sub-culture--
    Culture refers to the set of values, ideas, and attitudes that are accepted by a homogenous group of people and transmitted to the next generation.Culture also determines what is acceptable food for a family.
    Like- muslim family’s will not buy pork as teir food. Because it is restricted by islam.

3. Which group should Chi-Hung target, or should he try to sell to everyone?

Answer: A food court has many type or segments of customers. Form our case study we can see that, Chi-Hung’s KA-PAWI has several customers.like-
    • Peoples who came here to buy soft drinks.
    • Employees who come here to have launch
    • Students
    • Old persons
    So we can conclude that, if Chi-Hung target any one of those segments then it would loose a huge number of customers. Also it will be unefficient to serve only one type of customer. Chi-Hung should target all of the customers’ segment and they should try to provide their best to every segments.

4. Should KA-PAWI offer takeout? Delivery? How else can the company sell additional produtcs?

Answer: delivery speed is one of the most important factor to bring success for a food restaurant. KA-PAWI should create a high speed home and table delivering system so that it can be different from others.
    In addition to their food business thy need to sell many supporting products.like-
    • soft drinks,
    • pestry cake,
    • wine.etc.
    because some of the clients come here to buy soft drinks, specially the high school students.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm